Table of Contents
Handwritten biometric signature: what is it and what are its characteristics?
Thanks to the digital transformation process, companies and the Public Administration are increasingly dematerializing. Paper documents give way to digital ones and new tools, such as handwritten biometric signature (or graphometric signature), make workflows more efficient with a consequent saving of time and money.
What is the graphometric signature? It is an Advanced Electronic Signature (AES) provided for by the eIDAS Regulation (electronic IDentification Authentication and Signature). The EU Regulation No. 910/2014 on digital identity, in addition to the AES, also indicates two other types of electronic signatures: the Simple Electronic Signature (SES) and the Qualified Electronic Signature (QES).
Signing with an advanced graphometric electronic signature is analogous to a handwritten signature on paper. In fact, the graphometric AES is acquired through a device (digital tablet) which records the movement of a stylus – operated by the signatory – on its sensitive surface. In other words, instead of using a pen on paper, you are using a stylus on a tablet.
In detail, the graphometric signature on tablet is the result of the dynamic detection of biometric data that are linked to the IT document (generally, in PDF format) to be signed. In this way the document is unmodifiable and uniquely associated with the signer.
The biometric data are:
- The rhythm of each part of the hand stroke;
- The speed of the signature action;
- The pressure applied in the signature;
- The acceleration and slowdowns in some parts of the signature;
- The aerial movements associated with each part of the stroke.
The graphometric AES is therefore the set of data collected during its writing, encrypted and then stored together with the document to which it was attached.
From a legal point of view, digital documents signed with a graphometric signature have the same legal validity as the paper document with handwritten signature, also for evidential purposes.
What are the requirements of the graphometric AES?
The handwritten biometric signature must guarantee:
- The identification of the signatory;
- The unique connection of the signature to the signatory;
- Exclusive control by the signatory of the signature generation system;
- The unique connection of the signature to the signed document;
- The immutability and inalterability of the signed document;
- The possibility for the signatory to obtain evidence of what they signed.
GraphoKit by Namirial: the handwritten biometric signature solution
GraphoKit by Namirial is the ideal handwritten biometric signature solution for all cases that require a handwritten signature and for which paper forms are used and then digitized.
GraphoKit is suitable for all sectors:
- Finance: to digitize the signing of insurance policies, bank loans and investments;
- Healthcare: to digitize the signature of privacy policies, clinical documentation and laboratory tests;
- Tourism: to digitize guest registration and contract signatures (eg car rental);
- Commercial agreements: to digitize the signing of commercial offers and simplify agreements;
- Administration: to digitize the signature of refund requests, purchase requests and transport documents;
- Human resources: to digitize hiring and resignation processes, and the participation in training courses.
Here are the main advantages of the handwritten biometric signature by Namirial:
- Full legal validity: GraphoKit enables an Advanced Electronic Signature (AES) process valid for all purposes according to current European legislation;
- Ecological solution: by avoiding printing or paper, you can reduce CO2 emissions;
- Simple search: no more paper files, but documents digitally archived without duplication, easier to find and share;
- Less waste of time: managing and working on customer files becomes easier and faster, so the staff can focus on more important things;
- Savings: less indirect and direct costs for paper, printing and rental of storage spaces;
- Security: during signature acquisition, encryption and secure transfer ensure the management of static and dynamic biometric data.
GraphoKit is a complete handwritten biometric signature solution. It includes:
- GraphoSign Lite: 3-years subscription to GraphoSign Lite software, with encryption technical certificate included. It works even without internet connection. Compatible only with Windows Operating System;
- Namirial NT signature tablet: 5 ”color display in high definition and 3-year warranty included in the price.